Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stranger things have happened

I'm not a big TV watcher. I am just going to put that out there. I'm not saying I do not watch television at all but, as you can tell from earlier posts, I prefer movies. However, I've found a fantastic show that has become my new addiction.

Before discovering said show, I mostly only watched The Office, Malcolm in the Middle, MythBusters, Deadliest Catch, True Blood, and 24. Cash Cab is a sometimes. I consider six and a half shows to be relatively okay in terms of time spent in front of the boob tube, especially since two are from the Discovery Channel. Maybe my view is skewed but I know people who follow 10+ programs religiously, majority being "reality tv". Notice the meticulously placed quotations.

But now, I have my number seven. Fringe is on Thursdays at 9PM on FOX and it is amazing to say the least.


John Noble plays Walter, a crazy yet wonderfully brilliant scientist. Extra points for you if you noticed the sixth finger on that hand print in the background.

Fringe is a science fiction/mystery based show. The cases that come to Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson), and Dr. Walter Bishop (pictured above) are mostly sci-fi/super natural related. Olivia starts out as an FBI agent, while Peter will not hold a job despite his IQ of 190 and Walter, his father, is fresh out of a mental institution for accusations of human testing in his lab. They are an unlikely yet oh-so-lovable trio.

It is no surprise to read that J.J. Abrams, director of 2009's Star Trek, is one of the creators behind this fantastic program. I'm providing a short trailer from season one.



So if you get the chance and you're into freaky science, try to catch an episode. The actors and plot do not disappoint. And let me know if you do decide to watch it. It's a great show to discuss. Oh! And how could I forget? Leonard Nimoy is on it too.

4 comments:

  1. you and pa and others in the family are so hooked on this - it may be worth dvr-ing and me trying to squeeze it in... wonder why john noble is drawn to unstable personalities? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to be pretty fun to play a crazy person. Especially one as lovable as Walter. You really should watch it with us. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see this show. I'll have to catch it on Hulu I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FRINGE IS THE BEST TV SHOW EVER.

    I love it. I am usually over a show by the second season but I have hung on with this one. A little ticked that Peter isn't alive, cause I like my happy love endings and this just can't end well.

    Walter makes the show. really.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete